The law office of Ledin, Hofstad, Troth & Fleming Ltd. is seeking a highly motivated part-time Litigation Support/Legal Secretary. Ledin, Hofstad, Troth & Fleming Ltd. is a well-established law firm in East Central Minnesota that practices in many areas of law.
The following items are required for the Legal Assistant position:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Paralegal Certificate or similar education
- Computer literacy
Desired characteristics of applicants:
- 1-3 years Litigation support and/or law firm experience
- Highly motivated individual with self-initiation
- Highly organized with high level time management skills
- Individual who exhibits critical thinking capabilities to anticipate needs of attorneys and the ability to gather relevant information and organize it
- Exhibits basic investigatory skills for document review
- Shows strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be willing to promote free and open lines of communication of ideas and challenges to those ideas
- Ability to perform basic case law searches, statutes, rules and scholarly articles
- Must be able to manage evidence and exhibits to support attorney in courtroom proceedings
- Must be able to manage progress and schedule of the litigation
- Basic office equipment experience and administrative skills
- Must be willing to travel between two office locations, Pine City and North Branch
- Ability to perform administrative duties such as; answering phones, drafting documents, file preparation, e-filing and paper filing, and assisting in maintaining correct billing records.
- Individual must be respectful and courteous to all clientele and general public
Compensation will reflect experience in required fields and performance.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Mikef@LedinandHofstad.com. No phone calls please.