The practice of real estate law is vast. We have over half a century’s worth of experience and dedication to the practice of real estate and its development over time. We have honed our skills and developed real estate competencies at the highest levels. No matter the real estate challenge you face, you will find an answer at Ledin, Hofstad, Troth & Fleming.
Real Estate Law Competencies
- Title Insurance Coverage. We offer title insurance coverage to those engaging in real estate transactions. Real estate transactions are often the most significant transaction that a person enters into. Many title companies do not have attorneys supervising the settlement process. The added benefit of doing business with us is that, while no attorney is needed at the closing itself, a real estate attorney supervises the settlement process and reviews your title.
- Commercial & Residential Real Estate Closings. We work with you, your real estate agent, brokerage, and lender to plan and conduct a smooth closing.
- Lender’s Rights. We routinely work with banks and lenders in the foreclosure process, garnishments, judgment executions, and more.
- Landlord/Tenant. Our attorneys routinely represent landlords and property management companies in various disputes with tenants. We also represent both residential and commercial tenants.
- Mortgage Priority & Other Liens. We represent clients facing and enforcing mortgage lien priorities including competing mortgages, mechanic’s liens, judgments, or other liens.
- Land Access & Boundary Issues. We represent landowners in addressing land access issues, whether it includes drafting and recording easements, cartway petitions, or seeking and defending against court actions concerning land access. We also address boundary and encroachment issues.
- Real Estate Litigation. Our attorneys often represent landowners in litigation to either assert landowner rights or defend against others. There are many types of real estate court actions that our firm handles on a regular basis. Our vast experience in both the transactional and litigation side of real estate provides our attorneys with a unique set of skills to understand all facets of your property dispute.
- Commercial & Residential Real Estate Transactions. Our attorneys represent clients seeking to purchase or lease real estate. We are ready to advise you concerning real estate transactions including negotiating and drafting documents necessary to achieve your expectations in compliance with the applicable laws. Whether your real estate business is in need of a special purpose entity to hold and manage its real estate investments or if you are a first time property buyer or renter, we can guide you through the process. Please know that the provision of title insurance and closing services does not create an attorney-client relationship.
- Mediation. We provide neutral mediation services in real estate disputes. Whether it is a court requirement or the parties wish to mediate on their own, we stand ready to provide competent, neutral, and effective non-binding mediation services to help you reach resolutions.
We invite you to contact us with questions and see how our wealth of experience and knowledge can be put to use for you.